Teacup Cordial marks its debut with a dish that is dedicated to my husband. I call it, “Shepherd of my Heart.”
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- On medium-high heat, sauté the onion in oil until translucent. Add the ground turkey, season it to taste with salt and pepper, and cook until it is no longer pink.
- Mix in the flour, thyme, peas, and carrots. Pour in the vegetable broth and allow it to thicken. Season to taste, and turn off the heat.
- In a sauce pan, follow the instructions of the instant mashed potatoes. (You can very well make the mashed potatoes from scratch, but I am all about ease, folks! Besides, instant mashed potatoes is delicious! Plus, there’s no need to worry about leaving behind lumps.)
- Unfold the puff pastry. Use a floured round cutter (or the rim of a floured cup) to cut the sheets. Press the pastry circles into the bottoms and sides of the muffin pan cups. Layer in the meat mixture and top with the mashed potatoes. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow the pies to cool for about 10 minutes in the pan. Scoop them out with a spoon and serve!